Theater, Media & Entertainment
Marks Paneth understands the nuances of the theater, media and entertainment industry and has a long history of providing companies and individuals in that space with attest, accounting, tax and advisory services.
We have worked with nearly all segments of the industry including theater production companies and theater professionals; internet and e-commerce; telecommunications; camera, light and sound equipment rental and sales; virtual orchestra; direct mail; motion picture financing; motion picture production and distribution; television commercial production; editing and post-production; radio and television stations; book and magazine publishers, and advertising and public relations firms.
We also work with authors, producers, songwriters, directors, cinematographers, editors, actors, literary agents, music agents, talent agents, entertainers, musicians and professional athletes.
In addition to providing a full complement of services, we dedicate ourselves to helping theater, media and entertainment clients reduce costs, enhance efficiency, address regulatory and reporting matters and meet the challenges of mergers and acquisitions that result from doing business on a global scale.
We also serve individual entertainers and athletes. To learn more, please visit our Business management and Family Office page.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Federal, State and Local Tax Planning and Compliance
- Tax Credits and Incentives
- Financial, Trust, Estate, Gift and Succession Planning
- Preparation of Estate Tax and Fiduciary Income Tax Returns and Related Filings
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Due Diligence in Connection with Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Intellectual Property Agreements and Valuations
- Identification, Organization and Analysis of Assets and Liabilities
- Bill Payment and Cash Flow Management
- Advertising Agencies
- Book and Magazine Publishers
- Camera and Lighting Equipment Rental and Sales
- Direct Mail Distributors
- Film and Television Production Companies
- Internet and E-commerce Companies
- Public Relations Firms
- Radio and Television Stations
- Theatrical Productions on Broadway, on tour and internationally
Group LeaderChristopher A. Cacace
Partner-in-Charge, Theater, Media and Entertainment Group
Christopher A. Cacace, CPA, is the Partner-in-Charge of the Theater, Media and Entertainment Group at Marks Paneth LLP. He has a deep expertise serving theater and entertainment clients and has done so for more than 30 years. He started his career in accounting at Pinto Winokur & Pagano CPAs (PWP), which was then the pre-eminent theatrical accounting firm.
He is a trusted business adviser and advises his clients on all facets of accounting and tax issues. His entertainment clients include a significant number of high profile First Class and Off-Broadway theatrical production companies, performing in New York City as well as touring companies in the US and internationally, as well as producers and other industry professionals.